Thursday, May 31, 2012

Life Is Tweet: June SOTM Blog Hop

Welcome to the June Stamp Of The Month Blog Hop.  If you are joining me from {Karen Fullam's blog, Enriching Memories}  , you are on the right path.

This is a CUTE stamp set and I could not wait to get to play with it!

I have long admired artwork that uses rainbow color schemes.  I created a few variations on that theme with this months Stamp Of The Month. I used the eyelet border stamp on all three creations.  For this first card I stamped mirror images of the border in a progession of rainbow colors onto White Daisy card stock.




The embellishments I added are from my stash, some are CTMH some not.  I am pleased with the way this card came out.

For my second creation I used a masking technique.  I cut Flower 5 at 2.25 inches with my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  I secured the flower to White Daisy Card stock and stamped in ROYGBP pattern.  When finished, I removed the flower cut and stamped the Life is Tweet sentiment in the negative space.  I added a bit of Tulip card stock and layered it all on a treat bag cut from Art Philosophy.
Last but not least, I could not NOT use the stamped flower that I had removed from the project above. I HAD to use it.  So, I made a simple 3x3 card.  I cut the center circle from the "Life is Tweet" sentiment stamped in tulip on White Daisy and layered it on to my stamped flower. The stamped flower is mounted on a 2.25 x 2.75 Indian Corn Blue Card stock and then on to the 3x3 white daisy card.


Close To My Heart Ink Colors used for these projects :
Tulip
Goldrush
Sunflower
Garden Green
Indian Corn Blue
Petal

Thanks for stopping by, now hop on over to {Kim Schnoor's blog, Creative Hands and Heart}  to see what she created.

You Can Create,
Julia

9 comments:

  1. Love the button idea :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you used that border stamp in the rainbow colors. That stamp is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very "tweet!" Love all the rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the border stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love, love, love the rainbow look and the embellishments on the first card are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bag!! What is ROYGBP pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie... R(red ), O(orange), Y(yellow), G(green), B(blue), P(purple)...

      Delete
  7. Your use of this stamp set is wonderful, I didn't even notice the border. I had to go back and look at your project again. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Theatre Is My Sport ( Love Sports Blog Hop)

Thank you for joining us for   The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports o...