Monday, September 5, 2011

i carry your heart ( door hanger)

i carry your heart by e.e. cummings has always been one of my favorite poems.   I have been wanting to use it in a craft project for a while now and this heart box was the perfect fit for this poem.


The base of this door hanger is the heart box on CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge...  (almost done with my box quest)

  • The heart box (AP index page 26) was cut as large as possible using in Cotton Candy
  • The doily was cut to 3 inches in Colonial white and then cut in half. ( AP index page 65)
  • The 2 small hearts (AP index page 69) were cut at 2 inches in Cotton Candy and then stamped in Chocolate ink using one of the stamps from the AP bundle
  • I cut 2 heart (AP index page 69 at 2.25 inches in Colonial White to matte the Cotton Candy hearts
  • I cut oval5 in Colonial White (AP index page 62) I ran it through my printer for the sentiment
  • I cut the Decorative Layer in Chocolate ( AP index page 62)
I tied ribbon to the oval shape and used Colonial White brads to attach the ribbon to the side to create handles.

You Can Create!
Julia

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used the Art Philosophy doily...looks great on this project.
    Always, Alayne

    ReplyDelete

Theatre Is My Sport ( Love Sports Blog Hop)

Thank you for joining us for   The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports o...