Monday, August 22, 2011

Hi ( Moxie Fab Shaped Sketch Challenge)

When I saw this sketch this morning on Moxie Fab, I knew instantly that I wanted to give this sketch a go.   Off to my corner of the garage to create.

 To make this card I used the Sophia Kit from Close To My Heart.  Here is the list of cuts I made on the Cricut with the Art Philosophy Cartridge:
  1. 5 inch scallop card in Hollyhock ( page 41 AP index)
  2. 4.75 inch scallop layer in White Daisy ( page 41 index)
  3. (3) 3.25 inch circles in B&T.  2 of these circles were cut in to quarters. ***see note***
  4. 1.5 inch Font Layer letter h (page 46 AP index) and 1.5 inch Font Layer letter i (page 38 AP index) in Hollyhock
  5. 2 inch circle3 ( page 41 AP index)

 I offset the White Daisy layer on to the Holly Hock card and then added the stripped B& T circle to the middle.  ***If I were to make this card again, I would have made the 3 circles at 3.5 inches so the edges would  fit UNDER the white daisy layer.  I think it would be a cleaner finished card.  I added the 2  quarter circles in floral B&T.

I added brads to the font letters (through the White daisy Circle 3) and then adhered the circle with pop dots.  I added the bling stick pins for some sparkle.

You Can Create,
Julia






 


6 comments:

  1. Love your card! I also have the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and am a CTMH consultant. Aren't you excited about this new partnership?!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card - love the pearl pins too, and how you created the base!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. Until CTMH came out with the cricut cartridge I had never used a cricut. Thanks for giving the details of how you cut your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the detail of the brads on your letters.

    ReplyDelete

Theatre Is My Sport ( Love Sports Blog Hop)

Thank you for joining us for   The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports o...