Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dotty or You: Butterfly

When I created this LO, I used the Juggling Act patten from Magic ( CTMH's latest idea book).  At first, I used only Sweet Leaf and Twilight to match the striped paper in the Dotty For You paper kits.  It was just not "right". It needed a "POP" of color and that is how the Sorbet accents came along.  Normally, I would not add another color unless it was in the patterned paper.  I took a risk, and am pleased with the results.  


Here is a close up of the left page:
 Close up of the right page.
 I wanted to show you this close up, because it proves a point: mistakes can still look good. I had intended to stitch the Sorbet strips down, but did not realize that the thread had come out of my needle on my machine.  Once I started , there was no going back.  I repeated the thread-less stitches on all the Sorbet paper strips, and it looks intentional.  It looks good (even if it was not what I planned).
You Can Create!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Is My Sport ( Love Sports Blog Hop)

Thank you for joining us for   The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports o...