Monday, April 16, 2012

Dotty For You (Blog Hop)

Welcome to You Can Create and the Dotty For You Blog Hop.

Thanks for joining me from {Amy McVey's} lovely site, Clearly Stamping.

Dotty For You is a promotion CTMH created just for National Scrapbooking Month.  When you place an order of $35 or more in products from the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book between April 17 and May 31, you may add the Dotty for You paper packet, valued at $19.95, for just $5.  This paper pack is MORE than worth it!


Close To My Hearts double sided card stock paper is PERFECT for this treat box!
Side View:

Top View

This box may look complicated, but it is not. I used a sheet of 12 x12 paper for my box, but you can use any size square that you'd like.

For a 12x 12 sheet of paper score a line from top to bottom at 4 inches and at 8 inches.  Rotate your paper once to the left and repeat the score lines at 4 and 8 inches.  You will have created a tic-tac-toe grid on your paper. In order to fold your box together, you will have to score on the diagonal each of the 4 corner squares.

This is what my box looks like open ( after I embellished it) .  The mattes are 3.75 inches square.



I hole punched in each of the corners and then threaded CTMH ribbon through and tied the box closed.

These projects were also created with the Dotty For You Paper Pack (See links for previous blog posts):

Thank you Gift card:

Blank Dotty For You Card


Thank you for spending some time with with me... now hop on over to  {Krista Hersberger's} blog Krista's Crafty Corner and see what she created.

You Can Create!
Julia Hammond

13 comments:

  1. I love your project! Thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to figure out how to make one of these carriers- your tutorial has given me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new heavier weight papers mean these ARE perfect for these desk caddies. Oh...and imagine cutting up the label paper to use...so simple! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your projects Julia! this treat box holder is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your treat holder is ready for the Hugs. Very cute projects. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun projects! I can't decide what I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen these desk caddies several times and have yet to make one. I think the time has come! All of your projects are fabulous! Thanks for sharing your work and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been a busy girl! Fab projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! More great work. You have really been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, your projects are super but I'm just wowed away by the SB LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great projects, I like them all, especially the Sunshine layout!
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects! The layout is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have been very busy! Love your projects and cards!

    ReplyDelete

Theatre Is My Sport ( Love Sports Blog Hop)

Thank you for joining us for   The LOVE SPORTS BLOG HOP This is a blog hop featuring projects based on sports o...